Thursday, September 3, 2009

I'm here for the Revolution.

I'm Phoenix Tawnyflower. That's not my name. That's who I am. Who I want to be. The world's not a friendly place for the GLBTQ folk. I hear someone complain about being called gay, like it's something to be ashamed of.
We do not need to be ashamed.
That's what I'm here for.
I'm here for the out and proud who want somewhere to direct their family and friends.
I'm here for the closeted, the questioning, the friends and family of the out and proud who need information or a helping hand.
I'm here for everyone who's too scared to buy a book or check one out of the library--because someone might see.
Nobody knows what websites you're visiting. The internet-savvy can even wipe their history.
I'm here to tell the world things they'll never hear otherwise. Can you name which states have legalized same-sex marriage? Did you even know they have? If you did, you most likely didn't hear about it through the grapevine. You have to search.
I'm here because I want to help all of the GLBTQ, their family and their friends feel that they can be proud--if not necessarily out.
I'm here because there are things that should happen, that need to happen. Like legalizing same-sex marriage in all the states, and making it possible for loving same-sex couples to marry within their church.
The Revolution has started. There are people who are working hard to make all these things happen. I want to be the headquarters for that. I want to be the place for people to go for links to everything GLBTQ. It's not going to be easy. But that's who I want to be.
I'm Phoenix Tawnyflower, and I'm here for the Revolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment