Sunday, November 11, 2012

Politics

My friends are up in a hullabaloo about Obama getting re-elected. I'm just happy Mitt isn't around to work to keep me a second-class citizen. To me, it is personal. I can't keep my politics separate from my friendships, because presidential elections mean the difference between a president who will re-enact DOMA (it's not off the books, just not apparently being enforced) and fight to keep my rights from me, vs. a president who will work to give me equality.
In other political news and reblogged news articles:
The Republicans don't want me. They want everyone else, but not me.
The Democratic party, however, does.
Bob Kerrey, running for Senate, supports gay marriage. (Unfortunately, he lost.)
I realize it might have been more productive to have reposted this earlier. Can I blame my workload?

No comments:

Post a Comment