Wednesday, January 14, 2015

And 34 percent!

I did 4% and almost 2K in a single sitting! When I say I've been writing every day, I mean I've been writing a sentence to a page every day. This is a really good session, and I'm only stopping because I'm approaching the kind of tired where basic vocabulary eludes you.
In other news, I've finally re-reached the point where I can play guitar for longer than 15 minutes without giving up out of finger pain + frustration. I don't know how beginners are expected to play for half an hour at a time, three times a week. Steel strings bruise your fingers but good before the calluses come in. I started reading Passing Lines, and now I have a decent idea of Puerto Rican gay culture and where trans culture is likely to fit into that. Boring interny stuff now pretty much done. Of the two issues I had of Poets & Writers to catch up on, I finished the earlier one and I read through the classifieds of the second one. Seriously, they have so many contests, conferences, publishing companies etc. in the back of that magazine. It's awesome. I started looking into some of them.
I wish I had a decent sense of how long this novel is going to be. There's a contest for a novel, which doesn't have to be finished, just has to have a synopsis written and be projected to be over 65K, whose deadline is at the end of the month. How should I know if this is going to be over 65K until I'm done with it? How does one estimate such things?

No comments:

Post a Comment