Monday, September 30, 2019

Intro to glass art

So it's a pain in the ass to get photos off my phone so I can blog them, and the app costs money, but I'm finally getting around to it.
If you've been following me, which I doubt, then you already know I have my hands in all sorts of art pies. For the last year, I've been making glass and wood art.
I had this idea seven years ago or so when I read a Harry Potter fanfic in which Harry was a carpenter in another universe, and he made art with wood and glass and ran a little shop and was happy as a clam. And every time I reread this fanfic, I'd think, that would be so cool! I'd love to run that shop! And one day in October of 2018, I said, screw it, I've been having this thought for six years now, why don't I just do it? Back then I was still working part time. So on one of my days off, I went to Michael's looking for driftwood, and then to Hobby Lobby when they didn't have any. First time in a Hobby Lobby. Completely unintentionally dressed as Draco Malfoy. Anyway, I picked up some shell and glass stuff, and some glue, and ordered my wood off Etsy because I couldn't find a local shop that would sell it.
(No, I can't just pick it up off the ground myself. You have to treat it so it doesn't mold or bring in bugs.)
So, flashback to some of the in-progress photos. I really wanted to make a waterfall; the others were just sort of 'because I had the wood.'


Waterfall in progress

Fire nightlight

Geode
I'm thinking to set these up to post once a week. That should take awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment