Saturday, May 24, 2014

STUFF

I'm going to sidetrack for just a moment here and say a couple things.
First, I have no idea if this is partly due to any of you, but the Kickstarter I plugged a few days ago has, amazingly, hit the goal of an extra 900 pounds (that's about $1500) in three days. Thank you, if you donated or reblogged, and if not, consider this your last warning to buy cool stuff before it ends!
Also, ties, guys. I'm going to go flaming dyke on y'all for a minute, and say Jesse Tyler Ferguson ties are kind of awesome. $20 of every $25 tie purchase go to support marriage equality, and they're gorgeous.
The Brittany Griner. The George Takei. The Justin-Wisteria. I can't decide if I love the ones with color because color, or I prefer the manlier ones because I look good in drag. Not sure bow ties do anything for my face anyway, never tried when I wasn't in full-on costume. Things to think about.
I have a friend who wears ties whose birthday is on Monday, and I'm tempted to get him one, but I haven't for three reasons: 1. He hasn't given me his home address yet. 2. I can't decide. 3. It feels a tad unimaginative.
So I figured while I see if I can find something better (if anyone who knows who I'm talking about has either advice on style, reassurances about imagination, or his address, do shoot me an email) I'll just enthuse about ties. Formal wear in general. Vests, people. I have a pocket watch now. I may be a tad incoherent and should attempt to write something actually relevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment