Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Title mania

Not loving Querida, Querido, Queride as the title, I think people will assume it's in Spanish if they see a title all in Spanish, (and either pass it by because they don't speak Spanish or pick it up and be disappointed because they do) and Querida/o/e isn't a very well-known word outside the language. People who don't speak it aren't likely to know what it means, unlike niña. So, thus follows some brainstorming of ideas. Don't worry, I'll get back to the conference soon! Also, please weigh in and let me know if you have ideas.
All parenthesis are not to be considered part of the title.

Niña, Niño, Niñe
My Rivalry with Gender and My Love Story with Spanish (or one half of this)
Transgénero
Don't Call Me Niña (or Chica, or Querida)
Some form of title with both languages and a slash (i.e. Don't Call Me That/No me llame eso)
Just an Agender Human Livin' in a Binary World (or some shortened version)
Me llama ______
Coming Out to Jimena

I kind of like that last, actually.


No comments:

Post a Comment